Hampshire County Council care service proposals
Hampshire County Council intends to revise aspects of the care it provides to older people in order to:
- meet changing demands for care
- focus its own in-house provision within the wider market where it is needed the most and offers the best value
- ensure continuing high standards of care can be delivered in settings which are modern and fit for the future
- increase the number of directly provided care places
- make the best use of public assets and resources
The County Council is consulting on a number of key changes to existing Older Adults care provision, currently provided by HCC Care (the County Council’s in-house service provider):
- The proposed permanent closure of two homes which have been temporarily closed since November 2021 for operational reasons – Copper Beeches in Andover and Cranleigh Paddock in Lyndhurst
- The proposed closures of Bishops Waltham House in Bishops Waltham, Green Meadows in Denmead and Solent Mead in Lymington
- The proposed closure of Solent Mead Day Service (attached to Solent Mead Residential Care Home in Lymington)
- Proposed site modernisations and expansions of Emsworth House in Emsworth, Oakridge House in Basingstoke and Ticehurst in Aldershot
- The proposed closure and relocation (to proposed new build sites in close proximity) of Malmesbury Lawn in Leigh Park, Havant, and Westholme in Winchester
Have your say
You are invited to give your views on the proposed changes. The consultation is open from midday on 4 September 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on 12 November 2023. Please note that responses received after this date will not be included in the findings report.
Before submitting your views
Please read the Information Pack which contains important information about the proposals. You can also download and print this document.
Easy Read is an accessible format that provides information using easy words in short sentences, with pictures to help explain the words. You may prefer to use this if you have learning disabilities or like to receive information in a more visual format.
Easy Read versions of the Information Pack and survey Response Form will be available from Friday 8 September.
Further information and ways to comment
You can also email your response or comments directly to Hampshire County Council using the email address: AS.firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Freepost HAMPSHIRE. On the back of the envelope please write the following reference: AH&C Consultation FM06 PMO
If you have any queries about this consultation, or need the Response Form in another language or format (such as paper, audio, large print or Braille), please contact the County Council by:
- Email: AS.email@example.com
- Phone: 0370 779 810
0300 calls are usually included in most landline and mobile call packages and if not are charged at no more than a local call rate